Those of you looking for a modern design for Valentine’s Day, look no further than this how-to video from #cutepolish!
It’s bold, stylish and fun, and the alternating red and leopard-print squares are equal parts sweet and wild, and should get all heads turning your way on the most romantic day of the year.
Here’s how to do it, step by step:
1. Apply a clear base coat to protect your nails and anchor your polish
2. Paint your nails a nude shade. Use a few coats to get it opaque.
3. Get a black striper and pull it down the center of your nail to add a vertical stripe.
4. Add another horizontal line making a cross symbol. Now you should have four sections.
5. Paint one of the upper sections in red. The easiest way to do this is by using a toothpick and making a stippling motion to apply it. Keep both hands on the table. This part can be fun and relaxing!
6. Take the red polish again and paint the opposite cross-section of the nail with the same color. Use a toothpick again, or you could also use the brush for your nail polish.
7. Now you have two sections left. Start with the upper one and apply some random brown or gold leopard spots using the nail polish brush.
8. Wait a couple minutes to let it dry.
9. After it’s dry, go in with a toothpick dipped in black polish and partially outline the brown dots using a stippling motion the way you did with the red. You can also add some random black spots in empty areas.
10. Add a fast-drying top coat to seal in a beautiful shine and preserve your design.
11. Optionally, do like the pros do, and add a gold gem right in the center to pull it all together!
This look is super easy. Watch how Cutepolish does it here: